Friday, January 28, 2011

Taichung

I fell in love with Taichung as soon as I saw it!  I thought it was such a cool city and I'd love to visit again!  I spent my days walking around the city.  I am a firm believer that I experience the city better by walking than by riding a bike or scooter.  Here are a few pictures of my two days in Taichung:

The first day I needed to find a post office, but I found this temple first!

 Small canal

National Museum of Natural Science
Entry to the walkway up to the museum

Botanical Gardens

It's Year 100: Year of the Rabbit. There are rabbit displays and artwork everywhere.





I saw these ducks on the corner of the Art Museum!  They are made of wood, but they fooled me at first!  When I saw them I was already thinking about how I would get around them.  :)





Why are they giving this puppy beer?

This tree was so unique I just had to get a picture!



'Damn Sweet' Tea!

 Sun Cakes are famous in Taichung.  I had to get one with my afternoon tea.  It's a flaky pastry with a gooey middle. I just got the original flavor, but I picked up the brown sugar one for Aaron.  Yummy!

 

1 comment: