Thursday, January 27, 2011

KTV

I uploaded some pictures today and realized I haven't shared my KTV pictures with you! I decided to make a collage for you:



This was my first KTV (karaoke) experience in Asia. We were celebrating a few birthdays (mine included!). We sang, danced, ate, and sang some more! I had no idea that people go to KTV in the middle of the day and stay until dinner. One of the ladies knew someone who worked at this KTV location and we had a VIP room and got free food! You can't beat that! :-)

At first I was a bit hesitant to sing, but everyone else was doing it, so I did too. I sang all the English songs they chose for me. Side note: Drinking would have improved both my singing. I might need to go back and try it again one evening.

Something to note about KTV in Taiwan--The songs tend to be sad and sappy Chinese songs. I really don't get that. I was leaning more toward singing Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, but sad love songs were most popular with the group.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. that cake looks soooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that pink cake does look intriguing! What is all that beautiful pink frilly stuff around it? Is it edible? Looks even prettier than a Gigi Cupcake! Does it taste as good? I see what you mean about the healthy foods, lots of broth and veggies. It's a party, where's the pizza and wings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake was really good! The frilly pink stuff was edible, but wasn't as sweet as I expected. Still yummy though!

    ReplyDelete